Vancouver, the third largest city in Canada, is the terminus of two great trans-continental railways. Being a sea-port city, Vancouver has one of the best harbors in the world. It is also served by several airlines and highways. All these combined together, make an easy access for the tourists and vacationers to enter and exit from the city.
Best Attractions and Sightseeing places in Vancouver: Vancouver has many places and attractions which you cannot miss them out during your visit to this marvelous city.
• Canada Place – A mixture of a cruise ship and convention center it has also got a hotel inside. People flock around and visit this architectural marvel to see and enjoy the view of the northern part of Vancouver and the mountains surrounding it.
• Science World – A museum where you can spend hours full of fun and education. From this place, you can have a wonderful view of the Vancouver city skyline.
• Capilano Suspension Bridge & Park – This Bridge is one of the best attractions of Vancouver. Away from the hustles and bustles of Vancouver city, this suspension bridge stretches 450 feet across and 230 feet above Capilano River.
• Cliffwalk – A latest addition in the Park in the year 2011. You must have a strong heart to explore the thrill you get while walking on “Cliffwalk”, which is quite narrow and very high. The journey takes you through rainforest vegetation on cantilevered and suspended walkways. In some sections the walkway is covered with strong which separates you from the canyon located far below. During the summer, the Park is open from 9 am to 9 pm. The best time to enjoy this thrilling experience is from the month of May to September.
Besides the above, the must see attractions in Vancouver are, the Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge where you get almost same pleasure when you visit Capilano Suspension Bridge, but it is narrower than the other one. Then, the Grouse Mountain invites sports loving people for skating, hiking, sleigh riding and skiing. Another place you must definitely see is “The Vancouver Aquarium” where you can see about 60,000 living creatures from all over the world.
Vancouver has lot of festivals and cultural events throughout the year and some of the important functions of the special events are:
• Dragon Boat festival (June)
• Aboriginal Art and Cultural Celebration (June)
• Vancouver Jazz Festival (June)
• Vancouver Chamber Music Festival (July / August)
• Powell Street Festival (August)
• Gay Pride Parade & Festival (August)
• Vancouver Fringe Festival (September)
• Vancouver International Film Festival (October)
The climate of Vancouver is mild and equable. To enjoy what the city offers and to celebrate the festivities, you can book your airline tickets in advance. There are many direct Flights to Vancouver City offered by most International Airlines like British Airways, which the tourists can opt for. Buying airline tickets has also become quite easy due to online booking services which permit you to book tickets 24×7.
With cheap tickets aboard flights to Vancouver always available, you just need to plan and book your tickets as soon as possible.Read More